Adapted from a presentation at the Central Penn Business Journal’s Real Estate & Development Symposium.
Here’s a great idea for improving your building’s energy efficiency, particularly if your building is of some size: hire an experienced professional to conduct an energy audit.
- Analyze utility data & costs
- Analyze equipment use, condition, & remaining life
- Survey building conditions
- Determine occupant behaviors
- Recommend energy conservation measures
- Determine potential energy savings
Ultimately you will learn how your energy money is being spent, and get a menu of ideas for conserving energy that will range from low-hanging fruit to wholesale replacement of engineered systems, along with estimated payback for each option.
This ends our Energy Symphony as it pertains to existing buildings, but we’re not finished yet. Our encore includes a few additional tips.
• The Energy Symphony: When You Wish Upon A Star
• The Energy Symphony: We Don’t Need No Education
• The Energy Symphony: Call Mac, Maybe
• The Energy Symphony: Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
• The Energy Symphony: Phantom of the Opera (& Office)
• The Energy Symphony: The Futures So Bright…I Gotta Wear Shades
• The Energy Symphony
Next: A Whole New World